Monday, January 20, 2014

Random Act of Kindness #2- Mail for the mailman

I don't know how the weather is in every other state, but where I live it's cold. We have had a handful of days where with the wind it feels like -50 degrees outside. It has snowed every single day for the past 2 weeks, some days it's just snow flurry and other days it's a full out blizzard. I run to and from my car everyday and I complain about how cold I am, then as I drive down the street I see our  mailman walking door to door. They are all bundled up with as many layers as one can fit, but with a -50 degree temperature outside it would take a lot more clothing to be warm. Many may not think about it because not many people still write letters through the mail anymore, but the weather they do their job in is not always pleasing. For my second random act of kindness I decided to let our mailman know that I appreciate and thank them for the job they do. I also gave our mailman a 5 dollar gift card to Starbucks, where hopefully they can treat themselves to something warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment