Saturday, March 22, 2014

Yellow Gumball

I was babysitting a girl in my neighborhood and we decided to go to the movie store. At my local video store there is a gumball machine and each week a random color is picked to be the color of the week. If you get this colored gumball out of the machine you get a free movie or game rental! Once we walked in she saw the gumball machine and gave me a look that made it impossible for me to say no. I gave her a quarter and once she saw the color green come rolling down she looked at me and said, "I never get the right color, I bet you have to be really lucky." I had never gotten the right color gumball either when I would try, so I couldn't disagree with her. We then decided we were going to put as many quarters in as needed, until we got a yellow gumball. It surprisingly didn't take long, only three quarters. She was so excited to had finally "won", but the best part is she let someone else have the reward. She went up to another kid in the store and said, "The color of the week is yellow, you can pick out a game or movie it's free" and then she handed him the gumball. I couldn't be more proud.

Remember if you perform an act of kindness email us your story at sharethekindness22@gmail.com , share it on our Facebook page,  tweet about it and add the #kalarkind for it to appear in the right hand column of this blog, or fill out the form under the SHARE YOUR STORY page right on this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment