Monday, May 12, 2014

You're not alone

Being single in a group of couples can be kind of a bummer. I got a story today from Keenan, who remembers how awkward he felt being by himself in a group of couples last year during homecoming. This year, he wasn't by himself, however, one of his close friends was. He said she was kind of nervous about going stag in their group, so he came up with the idea to make her feel more comfortable. Keenan decided he was going to get her a corsage. Keenan says, “She is one of the nicest girls I know and if anyone deserves a little something to brighten their day, or something to make them feel less awkward, it’s her.”  He surprised her with the flower when they were taking pictures before prom. “She was so happy when I surprised her, seeing her smile warmed my heart and it made me so happy that I could cheer her up on such a big night”  he said. I can tell she enjoyed her surprise based on the picture. You're a great friend Keenan and I bet you made her prom even more memorable!

Remember if you perform an act of kindness email us your story at sharethekindness22@gmail.com , share it on our Facebook page,  tweet about it and add the #kalarkind for it to appear in the right hand column of this blog, or fill out the form under the SHARE YOUR STORY page right on this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment