Monday, February 3, 2014

Random Act of Kindness #16- Lunch and recess!

At my high school the upperclassmen have the privilege to go off campus during lunch. I usually go home, but today I decided to surprise some pretty cool people. I went to my dad's school to eat lunch with him and then I got to do something that I haven't gotten to do since I was in 5th grade... I got to go play at recess!!! Since it's such a cold winter they don't go outside, but that doesn't stop this school from having fun! They set up Just Dance on a projector screen in the gym and they all get to dance their little hearts out! They were all so energetic and had way better dance moves than I did! This photo taken during recess is of me, my dad, and a student of his whose family I have known since I was in elementary school myself. I think when some of us hear the words "random acts of kindness" material things and money are the first items that come to mind. We forget that time is one of the greatest gifts you can give to anyone. I'm glad I got to spend this time with some people who made every second of it special. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so inspired by what you are doing. You are showing how you can have a voice and make a difference in the world with small gestures. I am so inspired by this initiative. I would love to get other students to do the same.

    ReplyDelete