Saturday, February 8, 2014

Random Act of Kindness #21- Happy birthday!!

Most people probably don't think of celebrating someone's birthday as an act of kindness. However, in a way I think it is. I'm not saying we celebrate someone's birthday just to be nice, but it's why we actually celebrate it that makes it nice. Think about how many people you know, not just people you talk to, but every single person who's name you know. Every single one of them obviously has a birthday and out of all of those people how many of their birthdays do you actually do something or go somewhere to celebrate? I'm guessing probably not even half of those people. Have you ever thought about why you actually celebrate certain people's birthdays? It's because they are important to you. Taking them for a meal, some ice cream, buying them gifts, or even just spending the day with them, we do it because we love and appreciate them. To me at least, celebrating someone's birthday is like saying, "I'm glad you're in my life." I took my friend out and bought her some ice cream for her birthday, she's a great friend to have and I hope she had a good 17th!

No comments:

Post a Comment